Elijah C. Fosl
418 Fountain Court #3 Louisville, KY 40208|+1(502) 821-1943| email@example.com|Twitter: elifosl
DuPont Manual High School, Louisville, KY 2008-2012
- Graduated from the Journalism & Communication Magnet.
- Design Director for nationally-awarded yearbook and Executive Producer of weekly morning news broadcast.
American University, Washington, D.C. 2012-2016
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BA in Journalism, minor in Philosophy.
- Awarded Kappa Tau Alpha honors recognition in Journalism.
- Cumulative GPA: 3.82
Tiny Mix Tapes, Remote work 2017-present
- News Writer: Responsible for two breaking news stories per week covering music industry, releases, and trends. Collaborates with international team of writers for large-scale stories.
Peace Education Program, Louisville, KY 2016-present
- Assistant Program Coordinator: Responsible for curriculum development, community promotion, and leadership of the PeaceCasters Program: a skills workshop for oftentimes at-risk young people. Topics include: social media messaging, media arts creation, video production, conflict resolution, and personal empowerment.
Kentucky Center for African American Heritage, Louisville, KY 2018-present
- Public Reasearch Assistant: Contracted position conducting archive and oral history research for a local, permanent exhibition on the history of the Black freedom struggle in Kentucky.
Before Anything Else: The BAE Podcast, Remote work 2016-present
- Cohost: Planning and recording biweekly episodes on state politics, pop culture, and lived experience segments on stories from underrepresented communities.
- Sound Engineer: Responsible for all recording, editing, and equipment management.
WVAU Radio, Washington, D.C. 2012-2016
- General Manager for the 2015-16 school year: In charge of all organization, budgeting, community building, and technical support on top of leading an executive board of 12 people. Paid position.
- Art Director (2013-2015): Head of artistic direction, branding, merchandise design, and web design. Created a small-run magazine, “The Stream” and acted as editor-in-chief of its publication.
- Radio DJ and Staff Writer (2012-2016).
BeMadrid, Madrid, Spain 2015
- Media Intern: In charge of researching and writing weekly blog posts about international student lifestyle, designing and distributing weekly newsletters, and helping to build the company’s WordPress site.
91.9 WFPK, Louisville, KY 2013
- Summer Intern: This internship included running in-studio performances, logging tracks for the Sunday Night Bluegrass show, filing paperwork, assisting with managerial tasks, and help with promotional design.
Bark Place, Chicago, IL 2016-2017
- Assistant Manager: In charge of grooming schedules, daycare paperwork, and in-house sales for a 5-star independent petcare company. Responsible for the health, safety, and training of groups of dogs 5-25 in number.
- “The minute you walk in you are put at ease by the warm greeting from Eli, he is an asset to the business, super friendly, informative and great salesman for the other services they provide.” -Holly S. on Yelp.com
- Highly skilled in Adobe design Suite, HTML and CSS, Video/Audio editing and engineering, all social media, & organization
- Capable with live sound
- Excellent with children and childcare
- Years of work in leadership and organization
- Conversational in Spanish
Years of work in service including managing farmers markets, professional pet care, camp counseling, and carpentry